A good day for ducks, yes, but not for the running ducks Huey, Dewey and Louie. It’s pouring down. And windy. But not too cold strangely. We have an easterly weather pattern that’s quite unusual for our little part of the world. I’m still hopeful that it might clear up a little bit to put in at least 5kms of my scheduled 15km run. If it doesn’t though, an extra day of rest will do more good than bad. There’s been a cold bug going around and a few of us have been fighting it off for the last three weeks. Going out in these sodden windy wild conditions would not be wise.
What have I done on this rare Sunday at home?
- The slow cooker has come out.
- The freezer has been defrosted.
- The thermos has been filled ready for any power outages (it’s pretty rough out there).
- Played slave to the cats – one goes in, one goes out. (Why use a cat flap when Mum is home?)
- I’ve caught up on reading.
- Pauly has been working most of the day but even he has had some down time too.
AND best of all: I’ve had time to do some Gold Coast Marathon research, I’ve looked into:
- Where the Expo is and what’s on offer.
- What time and where the bus leaves to get to the start.
- What time to get up on race day and how long it will take to get to the bus stop.
- Where the different start zones are and where I think I need to be within mine.
- Made the decision to try and run with a pacer (5:00:00).
- Course maps, elevation, drink stops and loos!
And of course I’ve watched the motivational promotional video for this year’s event!
And this one from 2015 with Robert De Castella featured at the start…
Four weeks to go! 6000 marathon runners! Can you believe it! Three little Tasmanian ducks will be running at the beautiful Gold Coast in Queensland Australia! How lucky are we? Very very very lucky!
Happy running 🙂